Thursday, February 05, 2015

5 reasons to love Vienna



Pots of tea
As a person with a serious tea addiction, I'm so happy with the Viennese (Austrian) way of serving tea; pots of tea! Instead of just getting one cup of tea which I'm used to in the Netherlands, I got pots of tea in Vienna, out of which I could get three cups of tea! Great move Vienna! You've just won my heart!

Sacher-torte
If you've read my last posts about Vienna, you might know that I kind of fell in love with Sacher-torte. I ate it every single day during my stay! (Sorry, not sorry!) The chocolate and apricot jam cake is working its gravitational pull on me big time *sigh*. I'm such a sucker for chocolate. Franz Sacher, I love you for inventing this cake!

Friendly people
It might sound a little corny, but the people in Vienna are really friendly! We got waved off from the airport in the Netherlands by a woman who clearly didn't like travelling people, but we were welcomed by the lovely people in Vienna with a bright smile. Everywhere we went there were people willing to help us and in the restaurants the staff helped us with our german. 

Impressive buildings
I love the way how Vienna looks so very majestic. All the buildings are so great and impressive, as if they're little palaces on their own. Even the regular apartmentbuildings are decorated with beautiful baroque ornaments. I wish I could live in a building like that. 

It's history
Vienna has such a rich history! When you walk through the city, you can see it all around you. I could practically hear the music of Strauss and Mozart troughout the city and the beautiful palaces of Schönbrunn and Belvedere brought me back in time within seconds!

Have you every been to Vienna? What are your reasons to love Vienna? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment