Sunday, February 01, 2015

Hotspot | Figlmüller // Vienna

Source
Thanks to a friend, we learned that Figlmüller was the place to be for the best schnitzel! After a little while of searching the right alley, we found the restaurant at Wollzeile, however, this restaurant was completely booked! Luckily for us, there's another restaurant of Figlmuller just around the corner at Bäckerstrasse, and they still had room! Yay!

Source
The restaurant at the Bäckerstrasse is super cosy! We sat down at a table in something that looked like a former wine cellar. I loved it! The staff was also very friendly and fast! (I don't like to wait when I'm hungry hihi!)


I knew that the schnitzels in Vienna were quite big, but little did I know they'd be this gigantic! And that for just €13,90! In the Netherlands the regular schnitzels are a quarter of the Viennese schnitzel. Apart from the schnitzel, I also ordered their Viennese potato salad for €4,20. 


I'm going to be honest with you guys, I had a really tough time finishing this monster, in fact, I just couldn't. Don't get me wrong, it was absolutely delicious, but it was just too big for me! So I got a disapproving look of the goofy waiter when he took the rest of the schnitzel away from me (for some reason he was teasing us the whole time, I still don't get it! Haha.)

If you're looking for a place to eat the real deal, I definitely recommend this place! Just one piece of advise: reserve a seat in advance! This place is very popular, so without reservation you might not be able to get a seat. For reservations you can visit the website I linked below.

Guten appetit! ;) 

Adress: Wollzeile 5, Vienna // Bäckerstrasse 6, Vienna 

No comments:

Post a Comment